Take photo with isSight camera

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Core Duo Macbook Pro
How do I take a photo using the iSight camera? Thee is no isight application as such as there is no option in iPhoto.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
You should have Photobooth pre-installed on you MBP. Once that is open the rest is self explanatory.

Reaction score
You can do this in iMovie, where you can capture and export the movie ... and as moss suggested, Photo Booth.

Do you not have Photo Booth installed Doc?

BTW welcome back!

M

MacHeadCase

You definitely should have Photo Booth on your MBP. Here is what the icon looks like (see attachment below...)

Photobooth_icon.png

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Core Duo Macbook Pro
Excellent - thanks. I never noticed that app (I took all the ones I didn't think I'd need off the doc when I first got my MBP).

Thanks all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Now you have to post a pic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
...or, if you are "Photo Booth challenged" like those of us on PowerMacs, you can do what I do. Start iChat and go to the video preferences - you will see a live image from your iSight. Now simply take a screen capture for the iChat window (CMD+SHIFT+4, then SPACE). Finally load said picture into any program that will do cropping (I use ImageWell) and crop out everything but the actual picture of yourself. Done!

It sounds more involved than it is. It is actually quite easy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.