System password problem

Reaction score
A friend of mine had a new hard drive and operating system installed on my old G4 laptop. The new system is OX 10.5.8. The problem is that when I tried to install software, such as MS Office, or update software, it asked for a password and I didn't know what it was. My friend took it back to the computer place that installed it and they said they had reinstalled it and not put on a password. However, when I tried again today, it again asked for my password. The only difference this time is that the user name is mine rather than my friend's. What can I do about this? He also did not get the OS disc so I can't do a reinstall myself.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You'll need to get hold of a Leopard DVD so you can reset the password. Or, if you have the original install media for the G4, you can do it with that.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.