System Maintenance

S

Seeker

Hey everyone,
I know this question has been tossed about a couple of times. But I'm still not too sure does it mean that if I close my Ibook and put it to sleep, the repairing of permissions and crons still takes place in the wee hours of the morning?

Thanks in advance,,,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Well, if ou close your iBook and it goes into sleep, the system maintenance will not be done..I reccommend a Product Called Macoroni(U.S. $9 from Versiontracker.com). Macoroni allows you to forget about system maintenance. If it sees that the system maintenance was not completed in the night, it will automatically run it, the next time it can....I highly reccommend!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
ApplejustWorks said:
Well, if ou close your iBook and it goes into sleep, the system maintenance will not be done..I reccommend a Product Called Macoroni(U.S. $9 from Versiontracker.com). Macoroni allows you to forget about system maintenance. If it sees that the system maintenance was not completed in the night, it will automatically run it, the next time it can....I highly reccommend!

Or you can use MacJanitor which is free. ;)

OP
S

Seeker

Thanks guys.. will post in a week to let everyone know how my mac experience is coming along... still need to get used to stuff... even simple things like installing/ uninstalling is a little mind boggling *grin*

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.