System Issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
It tells me I have to login as you to see those pictures.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
hmm.. did you restart your computer... does it continue to happen after a restart?

OP
drumkey87
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 Macbook Air SSD
Yes, even after a restart it still happens. Don't know what it could be. Very strange.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
First thing I would do is a Disk Repair from your Installation Disk.
If you still have further issues, please post again at this Thread.

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome here, drumkey87.

If johntallin's tip doesn't work, I would download MainMenu and run all the Rebuild tasks first and then the Cleaning tasks (deep cleaning for the System). After the cleaning tasks you'll have to restart: don't worry if you find the restart is taking a bit longer than usual, the system will be rebuilding its cache from scratch.

If things aren't back to normal, I would insert the CD (or DVD) containing Apple's Hardware Test restart holding down the D key and run the test in extended mode. This will check all your hardware components, including RAM and video card (my guess is that it'll be able to check Intel's on board video chip, the GMA 950 graphics processor).

Either way, report back your findings and we'll see what is to be done. Good luck! :girl:

OP
drumkey87
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 Macbook Air SSD
Thanks for your help! I will let you know.

OP
drumkey87
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 Macbook Air SSD
Ok, so I totally erased my hard drive because I cloned it on an external hard drive with Superduper so I booted off my external drive and then recloned my drive back with Superduper and I am still having the same problem! :-( I guess I'm just gonna have to live with it. By the way johntalian as you said before about doing a disk repair from the installation disc how do I do that?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If the problem is software, then cloning your system and then restoring the clone will not work. All you did was restore your system on a clean disk. If you are thinking your os maybe corrupt. The do a fresh install and add back the items in your personal folder one item at a time until you have restored everything. This way you should be able to find out what is causing the problem if it is a corrupted os.

So before you go to much farer. Did you add or make changes to your system before the problem appeared?

OP
drumkey87
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 Macbook Air SSD
what do you mean by adding or making changes to the system before the problem appeared?

Reaction score
Download Applejack. It's a great utility & might be able to fix your problem.

OP
drumkey87
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 Macbook Air SSD
I tried downloading Applejack but I cant figure it out I dont see the script for it or anything. I'm still having issues with my system I don't know what could possibly be wrong I might just have to get a new mac

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The pictures you have there are typical of a video card when it is having a problem refreshing the screen.

My first question is whether this begins immediately after a re-boot or does it take a period of time?

Am relative newb to the Mac, so my approach to tech is still based on my experience with the other side. Because of all the items I noticed in the dock, there are 2 things I would suggest - get as much of that stuff out of the dock as you can - you can always put it back. Next I would check to see what all programs you have loading at startup. Go into System Preferences, Accounts, Login Items. Would try getting rid of everything at login, reboot and see what happens. If the problem disappears you can put them back a few at a time until the issue re-occurs.

The above type of items work on occasion. Most often it is a matter of a corrupted driver. In windows it can sometimes be fixed by removing and re-installing the video driver. Other times I have seen it require a fresh install of the OS. And on occasion it was the card in it's death throes.

I don't have a clue if the video driver can be removed and have the system boot with just a basic VGA driver and then re-install the card's driver with a Mac system or not. If anyone knows about this, feel free to jump in.

You could also boot with your original disc and run the hardware test.

OP
drumkey87
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 Macbook Air SSD
Thank you for your help, I will try that and post back and let you know.

OP
drumkey87
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 Macbook Air SSD
It takes a period of time after a reboot usually. Don't know what the deal is. It might be that I have a bad video card. I've uploaded some more recent screen shots one was taken today of the menu bar. Go here to check it out http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/drumkey87/Screenshots/
This is just terrible that I'm having to deal with this issue. First time this has ever happened to me since I've owned a mac. I'm wondering if I should just bring it back and get a new one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.