sync multiple browser bookmarks same Mac

Reaction score
I have a Mid 2010 MPB with 8 GB ram running Yosemite with latest updates. I use three browsers, Safari, Firefox, and Chrome. Is there a way to sync the bookmarks among all three so they all stay up to date? Perhaps utilizing the cloud?

C

chas_m

There are a number of services that will do this. The iCloud bookmarks sync only works with Safari, since it needs to work across iOS and OS X devices and that's the one consistent browser between them all.

In your case, you want to sync bookmarks across three different Mac browsers (and possibly some mobile devices), so I'd suggest https://www.xmarks.com or something similar.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Just be careful using Xmarks. The last time I used it (about a year ago) it was buggy and created a lot of unnecessary duplicate bookmarks between Safari and Chrome. I never did try it with Firefox.

Reaction score
They have a "duplicate" finding tool now. Haven't had a problem with it with Firefox on 2 computers.
The other way I was doing it, with Dropbox, quit working for some reason. Wouldn't let me save bookmarks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.