Suggestions on how to transfer files from a mac to a windows box over the internet

Reaction score
I can transfer files from a mac to a linux or unix box using several options: sftp, scp, nc, and so on, but how can I transfer files over the internet to a windows box? Is there a command similar to nc that I can enter at the command line that will send the file to the windows box?

Basically, I have a friend to whom I want to send a zip file of pictures that is about 700mb, and msn messenger just seems to take for ever or never completely send the file.

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Yeah... MSN will take forever if it succeeds at all.
I use my Gmail account with Apple Mail to send files... It handles large files, and is fast!

Reaction score
I guess, with cygwin , scp could be a solution. Then again, you might need a user account on the windows machine (don't know if there is a public/shared folder).

Reaction score
google docs now allows posting of any file type, may do the job.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook, Touch 2ndgen 16g iOS 4
I second the dropbox recommendation. Especially if you and your friend share files back and forth regularly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
ROFL at the video! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.