Suggestion for Free Billing/Invoice Program

Reaction score
Hi,

I hope my question is in the right place but can anyone suggest a free (hopefully) billing/invoice software for Mac? I just switched from a PC environment and don't know any Mac programs available or what's best for Mac.

I am looking for something fairly simple...I just need an app that can be customized for billing hours and expenses. Nothing fancy...and I don't need anything like Quickbooks or Quicken, just a simple program that can crete a custom invoice/bill for clients.

This looks like a great place and a wealth of information...

Thanks for anyone with suggestions!

BR

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
C

chas_m

Those programs are probably overkill for just this use, though they are of course useful in other ways.

Requiring that it be free is a HUGE obstacle to finding really good quality stuff, so I'm going to ignore that and commend you to a couple of programs I've found to be worth their modest costs:

The main one I use these days is Billings, which is both a very good time clock type program and produces really nice invoices. It's $50 and worth every penny.

Another one I really liked was On The Job ($40). It's a very similar approach to Billings of course, and beautifully designed. It makes doing this sort of work (which I don't normally like) a pleasure.

Another $50 solution that's worth the money is ProfitTrain (formerly called Billable). I liked this one too (and it was a tough call before I finally went with Billings). This one has even nicer invoices than Billings, and lots of other features.

All three have free demos, so give em a spin. You'll make the money back you paid for (whichever one you choose) in an hour, so I feel they are definitely worth it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.