Sudden MBP shutdown

OP
Rod

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Thanks Jake, that’s a real help. I’m down the coast today, recharging my batteries. I’ll finish setup in two days. image.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
OP
Rod

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I hope it was a one off too. I have downloaded and equiped Amphetamine Enhancer for my version of the app. I usually close my lid at night and anytime I'm going to be away from the MBP for an extended time because this is an open area and we have 3 cats. From what I read it seemed that for Drive Alive it was safer to have the Enhancer as it's not Sandboxed like the app and avoids issues with not allowing System Sleep when the lid is closed. So my settings are a little different to yours.
I see there is a class action under way against Apple for screens cracking and black bars and dead areas appearing on the M1 laptops. So until that's sorted I wont be getting a replacement. Probably when we return to Australia some time early next year.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.