Sub Woofer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 DP 1.8 160 Super Drive 17 " Display
I bought a Syntax 27 LCD TV monitor and using it with my computer also.
It has 20 watt speakers connected and output for a sub woofer. The Logitech speaker/sub woofer I had for the computer doesn't work because there is a proprietary cable between sub and speakers so that output from computer goes into sub the amplified and sent to the spearkers.
Is there any sub out there that it not too expensive that I can use so when TV is on there is good base and also when I play ITunes on the computer it will sound decent.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
does your speaker/sub system from logitech have one plug that you run from your computer or 3....if there are three you should be able to ghetto-rig your tv to run into your sub and at the same time use your computer with the sub.....extremely difficult to describe here but just let me know what exactly you have to work with and i may be able to help you set something up with only spending a few bucks

sorry for the confusing post

-chris

Z

zakatov

Any powered subwoofer should work. The output is just RCA out, right?

In the pic, does the plug on the TV look like the ones on the left (input), or like the ones on the right (output)

If it's like the one on the left, then Google for a "powered subwoofer", and find one within your price range. Use an RCA cable to connect.

828-back.jpg

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
zakatov said:
Any powered subwoofer should work. The output is just RCA out, right?

In the pic, does the plug on the TV look like the ones on the left (input), or like the ones on the right (output)

If it's like the one on the left, then Google for a "powered subwoofer", and find one within your price range. Use an RCA cable to connect.

No it doesn't. The sub has a stereo input mini plug( from computer) and a "s type " cable with 9 pins that goes to the speaker.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
After checking what i found about your TV all i can say is i wish i can have one too...
In my opinion is not a good idea to connect just a external sub-woofer, it will have more power than your other speakers and you will have to check the volume from time to time. I recommend you to get another set of speakers and plug it to the earphone output of your TV, you can get a pretty decent set 2.1 for less than $100 (including Logitech speakers w/ THX certification), also i believe you were using those Logitech speakers w/ your computer before, so why dont you just keep them plugged to the computer?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mraya said:
After checking what i found about your TV all i can say is i wish i can have one too...
In my opinion is not a good idea to connect just a external sub-woofer, it will have more power than your other speakers and you will have to check the volume from time to time. I recommend you to get another set of speakers and plug it to the earphone output of your TV, you can get a pretty decent set 2.1 for less than $100 (including Logitech speakers w/ THX certification), also i believe you were using those Logitech speakers w/ your computer before, so why dont you just keep them plugged to the computer?

The speakers for the TV are attached, although I can detach them. I was trying to keep the desk clean as possible as this is in the kitchen. I guess I would take the R/L audio out with RCA jacks convert to a mini stereo and feed the sub that way.

Z

zakatov

zakatov said:
In the pic, does the plug on the TV look like

altyson said:
No it doesn't. The sub has a stereo input mini plug( from computer) and a "s type " cable with 9 pins that goes to the speaker.

read, comprehend, post

Reaction score
i am not sure if you can get one for apple but on my PC my sound card can support more than one thing, so i have my computer stuff and every thing else like my TV playing through the the same speakers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.