Stuck on MountainLion

Reaction score
I have a macmini late 2011.
I removed the partitions and did a clean install and it installed MountainLion.
I though all I had to do would be get HighSierra and I would be back up and running.
However It offers various update ie safari etc. When I start the update it fails and says it can't continue.
Also Safari announces that it cant be used.
Where do I go from here ?
Any help appreciated

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
That machine can be upgraded to High Sierra and you'll want to grab the installer and create a USB installer with it. This should allow you to boot from the installer and complete the installation.

Once you download from the App Store, don't launch it. You can use DiskMakerX to create the USB installer with the install you downloaded.

OP
T
Reaction score
I have problems signing in to the app store on the macmini. It refuses my credentials, yet I can log in to Apple ID with my credentials on a PC

OP
T
Reaction score
finally managed to get HighSierra installed.
My problem was the password before it would let me install.
When it asked for my credencials, I was entering them correctly, but it gave a failure message, which I foolishly didnt read properly, It need a number, that was sent to my phone, and I had to ADD that to the password.
All is now well and I am kicking myself for all the time I have spent on this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
All is now well and I am kicking myself for all the time I have spent on this.

Even when everything is entered properly, Apple seems to like making upgrading older Mac's OS version far more difficult then it needs to be.
Anyway, congratulations on your success and I hope the new MacOS works well for you.

- Patrick
=======

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Well, you wont get caught on that one again.(y)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.