Streaming music to someone from iTunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
My friend always streams music to me (best ways to find House music). I want to return the favor and show him what I have in my library. Anyway to do this through iTunes (the only thing I listen to music through). If not, would you know where I would be able to do this? Thanks in advance.

DV

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
How does your friend allow you to stream it? Is it over the internet or within a single network? There are a variety of ways of streaming music (some easier than others) but it depends on many factors.

OP
DVaris223
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
I believe it's over the internet. He gives me a link (that ends in .pls) and I click on it. It opens up a blank screen in Firefox and asks me to save a file. When I save the file it gets sent to iTunes. Once opened, whatever he's listening to, I'm listening to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
Musicast. I've never used it but its supposed to do what you are looking for. The only problem is it cost $18 and their website is gone

Other alternatives include Nicecast and MyTunesRss. The last one looks to be free so I would give this one a try first.

OP
DVaris223
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
The last one you suggested would have worked perfectly, but it's telling me that Java 1.5 is required. All I see is Tiger when I look around for 1.5, can 10.3.9 get 1.5?

OP
DVaris223
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
Okay, 1.5 is out until I get Tiger or my new system (hopefully the latter :black: ). I found a few other sites such as Mediamaster.com that lets me stream but I have to upload it into their own system in order to play it. Anyone know how I can bypass a system and do it directly from my own computer? It's bothering me that I can find 1 out there, there has to be 1.

My URL through Mediamaster is something along the lines of n90.mediamaster/blahblah/blahblah.pls..my friends URL that he uses to stream I believe is just his IP address.pls..I need that! haha

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.