Strawberry music player

Reaction score
Greetings. Can anyone help to get started with this app which looks quite promising?

I am an old geezer who should have been put out to pasture a while ago.....

As a result of failing eyesight and my inability ro cope with the interface of the Music app, I want move to something simpler. Main issue: Just how do I get Strawberry to point to my Music Library as the source for it.

Be gentle with ne.

Thanks

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
It seems straightforward enough..

Visit Strawberry Music Player

Scroll to the bottom and on the left for the macOS section, expand it and assuming you are running macOS Big Sur or higher, click on that link to get the DMG file and install the app.

OP
Mitcherooney
Reaction score
Thanks Ashwin, but I have got it installed but I don’t see how I get the program to pick up my music library. So I’m stuck at this point, the solution is probably obvious, but it fools me. Cheers.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I just installed it and I think I figured out what you need to do. I'm going to assume that all of the basic icons for operation are on theft side of the window. That's where they appear for me.

1. When you open the program things look like they do in the first screenshot. Make sure you click on "Collections"down the left side of the window. Then click the strawberry with the question mark. (Screenshot1)
Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 8.40.02 PM.png

2. The screen now looks like screeenshot2. If the option right below the strawberry isn't selected on the left side click there. On the right side click "Add New Folder". Now you need to navigate to your music files. You're going to select the actual music files not the actual iTunes/Music library file.
Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 8.41.52 PM.png

Last edited:

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Good work, Sly:app

Ian

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Thanks. I think that will solve things but I won't have time to test things till sometime tonight. On my system I'm only seeing part of my library but I think that's because I haven't moved my entire setup to my Apple Music subscription..

I'm going to give this player a serious try. If I can controll the size of the interface it may become my player of choice. Music has become almost unreadable for me unless I use some of the accessibility features.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I just installed it and I think I figured out what you need to do.

Well done Sly, and a nicely done explanation, especially for a not a very Intuitive "Just Get It Working" conflagration.

- Patrick
=======

OP
Mitcherooney
Reaction score
Well done Sly, and a nicely done explanation, especially for a not a very Intuitive "Just Get It Working" conflagration.

- Patrick
=======
Thank yoi all. I am pleased to report that I have Strawberry up and running. I like its simplicity and it will function as my jukebox from now on.

Cheers Mitch

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.