strange window appears on my iMac

Reaction score
A strange window started to appear on my iMac several days ago, perhaps coincident with downloading Thunderbird Mail. The window is titled "IBM Security Trusteer Rapport" followed by "truster Endpoint Protection" followed by some discussion and links. I do have some IBM stock, but this window looks strange and I won't click on it until I find out more about it. It appears whenever I turn on the iMac. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I have a feeling you downloaded more than Thunderbird mail. If you installed the mail app I bet there was a check box you missed that downloaded another program "surprise!" Here is what I found out about the message you are getting:

https://www.winhelp.us/trusteer-rapport.html

I don't think it is harmful but you got more than you asked for. Not real sure how to get rid of it. Is it listed in with your applications or possibly as an extension in your browser?

Maybe someone else will chime in with more information.

Lisa

Reaction score
thunderbird has issues with this i just removed it and reinstalled it again and this went away

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thunderbird has no issues provided you download it from the Mozilla site and not a third party download site. Some third party download sites (discussed in our forums) will attach "junk" downloads to a legitimate file download. These sites get paid to do that, just like our site here at Mac-Forums has advertisements that we do not necessarily agree with.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.