Strange Safari problem

M

MacInWin

I have Yosemite 10.10.1 installed, been working just fine. But in the last few days Safari has been stalling opening this website, just this one. All other sites work fine, and Opera does fine here. But Safari here is pretty much unusable because of the hangups. I am running ghostery to block ads, but I've paused it and there is no difference. Restarting Safari makes no difference, rebooting makes no difference. I cannot for the life of me figure out why ONLY Safari stalls at ONLY this website.

Anybody got any clues for me? I got here this time by using Opera.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Tried the usual suggestion Jake of AdwareMedic?

OP
M

MacInWin

Yeah, and Ghostery on and off. Checked extensions, only the ones I installed, tried them on and off. (adware and 1Password). Nada. The symptom is that the progress bar starts, gets maybe a sixth of the way and stalls. I don't see that on any other site, just this one!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's not only you Jake. It's happening here with Safari also and it's actually getting frustrating at times. Sometime it does what you describe, other times it hangs on a reply and even when trying to right click on a user name in order to address a PM. Switch to Chrome and everything works OK. It's becoming a pain.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Same here guys. Glad to know I am not the only one. In my case I've found that when a page hangs hitting reload (command r) fixes the problem--unless I am having other net issues.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I actually think it has to do with something that is going on with the forum software. We have had glitches before but didn't last long. This has been going on for the better part of the month. I guess I could just use Chrome, but my 1Password add on and AdWare add ons work much better with Safari. Chrome is faster now that it's 64 bit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.