Strange phenomene on iPhone 12 Pro

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have discovered a strange phenomenon with my iPhone 12 Pro. In standby, the iPhone loses about 1% per hour. However, when I use it, I can literally watch the percentage drop. There is nothing suspicious in the settings under "Battery" that seems to be sucking a lot of battery power. Do you have any tips that could help me?
A few details about my iPhone: As I said, it's a 12 Pro, iOS 14.5.1 is installed. The provider is Sunrise (Switzerland) and the modem version is 46.0.
The background update is completely turned off, I don't have iCloud, and the iPhone is plugged in every day. During the night, the iPhone loses about 7%. Is this normal?
For example, today the iPhone lost a whole 7% between 07:30 h and 10:00 h (without using it (from 100% to 93%)).

Greetings and thanks in advance for helpful answers.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Plus one for watching the video that Jake suggested.

I went through all the tips with my iPhone 12 that the video presented. I was surprised to find out how much battery I was wasting with my settings. Most of those settings by the way were defaulted by Apple.

You might also want to review these battery saving tips. This is not a video so you can go thru them at your leisure:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.