Strange display issue with partly incorrect screen

Reaction score
Hi all

I have just purchased a 2nd hand macbook and have the following issue now. If I start the macbook everything is ok except then when the GUI is started and Leopard is ready to be used I get only a partial display of the screen (1/5 of the screen left can be read then you see a line and the rest is black).

I have included two screenshots so you can see the error message.

Can you tell me if the lcd screen is stuck or if the problem can be related to the inverter?

Did this happen to anybody also in this forum?

I would like to have some answers....

Regards,
R

IMG_3548.JPG

IMG_3549.JPG

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't believe it's the inverter since the screen is lighted. A dead inverter will result in a screen which is dark and which the video can barely be seen. (The inverter drives the backlight.)

However, it could be related to your video chipset. You need to track down the trouble a bit more. Try this:

Attach an external monitor to your MacBook (you'll need an adapter) and see if the problem also displays itself on the external monitor. If you don't have an external monitor to use, a late model TV should work. Post back the result.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.