strange beeping sound

C

chris041067

about 3 minutes ago my 15" pb Al just stared making this high pitched beeping noise...its fairly quiet but it is bugging the heck out of me and im wondering what it is? its kindof a constant ring..but every few seconds it will sorta studder... how might i get this to stop? my pb was completely silent for the 2 weeks i have owned it.

OP
C

chris041067

ok so i restarted and it went away...but im still wondering what it is and what caused it?

OP
C

CMBlechar

You and I can relate to a lot of things you know. My PB does the same thing. Does yours do it often. mine only does it every now and then. I'll see what I can find out about it and I'll let you know but please if you find out before I do let me know becasue i can agree with you it is freaking annoying.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
it's the hard drive spinning realy fast. mine does the same thing too. i thought there was something wrong with my powerbook too, but other people seem to have the same experience and they all seem to be confident that it's just the hard drive spinning really fast from time to time.

OP
C

chris041067

fasheezy said:
it's the hard drive spinning realy fast. mine does the same thing too. i thought there was something wrong with my powerbook too, but other people seem to have the same experience and they all seem to be confident that it's just the hard drive spinning really fast from time to time.

no i really dont think it is the hard drive. it has never made this noise before, and it is fairly loud.i know what the HD sounds like and this isnt it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
I know wut you're talking about. It happens when i'm doing massive processing or transferring files from one computer to another via a ethernet connection.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.