stop start maybe foot pedal switch for itunes etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac -Monterey-12.6.7 27"Retina 5K, Late 2015, 3.2 GHz, i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, 250 GB SSD
I am doing some transcribing (paraphrasing from itunes, etc). It is tedious work due to the constant stop/start rewinding.

Is there some sort of a foot switch like court transcribers use when transcribing from recordings ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Is there some sort of a foot switch like court transcribers use when transcribing from recordings ?

I'm sure they're possibly is but they may need some customization using something light flight simulator or gaming foot pads foot pedal controls or some such, but some of them come get pretty pricey.

But have you lookeS at your System Preferences Accessibility options and there may even be some settings under dictation that you could use your voice to start and stop some particular actions.

You may have some other options available depending on whether you use a trackpad or Mouse and the brand and how many buttons or features they have available.

EDIT:
You might even find some related suggestions that you could use here:

Or some other hits that may have usable suggestions you could use with a Google search like this one here:

Good luck.

- Patrick
========

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.