Stop annoying volume adjustment display on a mac?

Reaction score
is there a way to stop the volume level display from coming up when you adjust the volume? it comes up right in the middle of the screen and is a pain when you're watching a movie or something.

Cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Welcome to mac forums......
I'm sure it's possible, and someone may come along with a solution, but a pain?
The same pain when watching TV etc? LOL

OP
N
Reaction score
Welcome to mac forums......
I'm sure it's possible, and someone may come along with a solution, but a pain?
The same pain when watching TV etc? LOL

aye but the display on the tv isn't a giant white box that appears in the center of the screen now is it ; )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
some TVs are worse than others....... same as Pay TV!
translucent or solid colours, etc
At least the volume is translucent and not solid on the Mac.
When I'm watching movies on the Mac though, I keep the volume on max, and if I plug into the stereo, use the stereo volume, or the Quicktime or VLC volume if I'm just using the Mac without external.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
LOL...some people are rather sensitive...if that's a pain, good luck with life!

Anyway, I don't know of a way to remove it, perhaps there is some terminal command?

still lol'ing though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
As someone who grew up in a time when computers didn't even have mice and required you to re-type an entire line if you made a mistake, I find it kind of laughable when people find such simple things as the volume display to be so bothersome. You have NO idea what bothersome is! LOL

OP
N
Reaction score
It's a pet peeve ok, no need to have your period over it guys. It's a question, if you don't know the answer, don't post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
I looked at it a little, all I can say is that it's the bezelui that handles it. You can do some google searches for bezelservices and bezeluiserver - I can't guarantee you'll find what you're looking for, but at least it's a start.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.