Still mulling it over

Reaction score
OK so I've not yet bought anything, to be honest I'm in no rush and will save and get the right option.
But I've just opened Adobe Elements 3.0 on my PC and wondered if anyone here knows, if, I mean when I copy the pictures to the Mac if the tags that I've so carefully attached to each photo would be kept in the photo app that the Mac uses. Or will I need to by an Adobe app for the Mac?
Sorry for stupid questions!!

Reaction score
If the tags are meta data specific to Elements, I can't imagine that loading the files up in the Mac version of Elements wouldn't retain them.

OP
Gazmaz
Reaction score
I think I know what your saying but the double negative made me read your post a couple of times LOLZ. :D

Thanks that's what I was hoping but would like to be sure as I've a few thousand photo's, may have to ask Adobe. Unless someone's been there already.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Best way to find out would be to upload one of your pictures. We can open it up in iPhoto or any other photo application and then see if the tags are still there :)

OP
Gazmaz
Reaction score
OK here you go I have attached the same photo twice one is an export out of Adobe element3.0 and the other is a copy from the file out of explorer, there should be two tags attached.
I'll let you tell me what they are...

Copy.JPG

Export.JPG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
OK here you go I have attached the same photo twice one is an export out of Adobe element3.0 and the other is a copy from the file out of explorer, there should be two tags attached.
I'll let you tell me what they are...

the tags are Holidays, Patch and Winterton on Sea. I read them in iPhoto.

So, its OK. your tags will work in iPhoto.

Reaction score
Metadata from COPY.jpg

Keywords: Holidays, Patch, Winterton on Sea
Version name: Copy
Image date: 5/30/05 6:40:48PM CDT
Apeture: f/5
shutter speed 1/400
Exporsure Bias: DEV
ISO Speed: ISO50
Focal Length (35mm) 338mm
Focal Lenght 56mm
Camera Model: DiMAGE Z3

Export has all of the same information except the version and filename...

I pulled all of this from Apeture

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
yep. so there ya go - it will work in Aperture and iPhoto. Looks like you've got no worries.

OP
Gazmaz
Reaction score
OK that's in the meta data can that information be used as some sort of tags I do like that in Elements, if so it's just a matter of saving the pennies then.
I read today a review of a macbook compared to some other windoooze lap's, and it didn't quite get as high a score as them, basically because it couldn't run all those FANTASTIC window app's ! ! So I had a thought about all the window apps they might be talking about, Firewalls, popup blockers anti virus, oh I get the drift!
Then of course all those other apps that need updating every six months because a better version has been released making you feel that if you don't get it you'll be losing out on something, mainly money of course.
Am I starting to understand ..... LOLZ.....

Reaction score
Oh, man, you forgot those incredibly important apps offered on a rack next to the rotating week-old hotdogs at the 7-Eleven.

OP
Gazmaz
Reaction score
Is that some sort of fast food joint we haven't seen in the UK yet ;D

Reaction score
If 7-Elevens (7's-Elevens? Can't be Elevenses) haven't shown up in the U.K. by now, they never will. Consider yourself lucky. They're sorta a cross between the delectable classiness of Wimpy bars of questionable memory and the store in Coronation Street.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
If 7-Elevens (7's-Elevens? Can't be Elevenses) haven't shown up in the U.K. by now, they never will. Consider yourself lucky. They're sorta a cross between the delectable classiness of Wimpy bars of questionable memory and the store in Coronation Street.

They must have been and gone then - there used to be loads in London from at least 20 years ago. I haven't lived in the UK for nearly 10 years now, so I guess they could have closed down, but there were plenty there when I left :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" ibook g4, 1.42ghz. 512mb ram, 60gb hdd
OP
Gazmaz
Reaction score
Not quite sure what your hinting at........!

Just been to my local PCWORLD, too far from a Apple Shop, and messed about with a macbook pro they had, came out feeling a little underwhelmed, don't get me wrong everything was smooth and felt nice, obviously missing some apps to try out. Would be nice to try out with a WWW connection grab some mail sort some photo's etc. When I got home I started thinking much easier to have a docking station, with screen, keyboard and mouse connected also easy to connect other stuff, I have a Dell D620 and have been contemplating getting a D820 then I could switch and I haven't seen any decent docking solutions for the mac's. So I booted up my (personal) IBM and XP crashed and took 10 mins to boot up and get into some sort of usable state, so guess what, yep the software sells it. Or rather the pathetic issues that all we windows users come across sooner or later.
So still wanting to know about photo viewing options, and what docking options do you guys know of?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
Not quite sure what your hinting at........!

Just been to my local PCWORLD, too far from a Apple Shop, and messed about with a macbook pro they had, came out feeling a little underwhelmed, don't get me wrong everything was smooth and felt nice, obviously missing some apps to try out. Would be nice to try out with a WWW connection grab some mail sort some photo's etc. When I got home I started thinking much easier to have a docking station, with screen, keyboard and mouse connected also easy to connect other stuff, I have a Dell D620 and have been contemplating getting a D820 then I could switch and I haven't seen any decent docking solutions for the mac's. So I booted up my (personal) IBM and XP crashed and took 10 mins to boot up and get into some sort of usable state, so guess what, yep the software sells it. Or rather the pathetic issues that all we windows users come across sooner or later.
So still wanting to know about photo viewing options, and what docking options do you guys know of?

If you get the Macbook pro, you can still run all your Windows apps if you have to.

OP
Gazmaz
Reaction score
Yes I know what your saying but if I'd prefer to change completely and not have to swap OS's when I need to do a specific task.
I have a feeling it's just a matter of choice now.
Thanks.

OP
Gazmaz
Reaction score
yep. so there ya go - it will work in Aperture and iPhoto. Looks like you've got no worries.

OK guys I finally got a mac and to cut quite a long story short it's a tester.
So I have a Mac Mini G4 1.25 40gb HD 1GB Ram (I upgraded) and I've copied a couple of photo's over but cannot see the tags like we thought I should be able to!
Now I am using iPhoto 05 (with iLife 05) would that make a diff should I get a copy of iLife 06 (don't think iLife 08 will run on this machine) and wold 06 see those tags??

OP
Gazmaz
Reaction score
Any idea's

Anyone any idea's on why I can't see tags from my photo's from the Windows PC, whereas some of you can?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.