still having iPad mail problems - 20 20 20

Reaction score
I'm still having email delivery issues with my iPad and I don't understand why. Before I go further I am on a secured home wireless network using Comcast and besides my iPad my desk top is an iMac. For some reason my iMac gets and sends all emails immediately. OTOH my iPad will send emails immediately but has developed a hang up in receiving them! After many days of frustration that the iPad will download incoming on a TOTALLY random basis I finally caught on to the pattern. Once I have 20 incoming emails then it will go out and get them - BUT only 20 even though there are more! As for settings I have my PUSH - ON
and with Mail it is Fetch and then Manually. I see nowhere limiting the push or Fetching to just 20. Besides my iMac which receives the same email stays current so I know it is NOT Comcast's settings. I have now observed the 20 and done, 20 and done, enough times that I finally caught on to the pattern - just call me a slow learner at age 70! LOL - any ideas on how to break this 20 log jam? THANKS!!!

OP
D
Reaction score
Sorry to be such a cry in the wilderness, since I first posted this question I have received 4 more sets of 20 emails seemingly at random times but really when the 20th trips the trigger to down load them. Outgoing is still immediate, but not incoming. Needless to say this iPad is no longer trustworthy for email. I see over 100 views have been made of this - but doesn't anyone have an idea of what is causing this logjam? Thanks in advance!

OP
D
Reaction score
Just a follow up for whatever it's worth. This problem of just downloading 20 emails at a time went on for 24 times. Then suddenly it downloaded 22, but in checking my iMac I knew there were still more, but at least the pattern of 20 had been broken. This morning it downloaded 17 and all were current!!! Then an hour later it found and downloaded a new single email! Maybe, just maybe my iPad has followed the Apple oath of "iPad heal thyself!"

OP
D
Reaction score
Looks like I'm just talking to myself on the thread, but the problem has returned! Now instead of waiting for 20 incoming emails to download it is waiting for 40 to accumulate before downloading all 40! Again - sending emails is immediate and no problem. Weird, huh?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.