Status Bar at Startup

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2011, i7, 8gigs RAM, OS 10.11 iPhone 6s, ATV3
Hello all,

I installed Yosemite yesterday and all is well except one thing. When I reboot the computer the screen is grey and there is a status bar under my name. It takes only a few seconds to boot still, but I just don't understand why it is doing this. I have searched the web for answers and all of the other situations are saying that their computer crashes after a few seconds when this happens. My computer runs absolutely fine once it does boot though.
Any help would be appreciated...

Early 2011 MacBook Pro 15"

Thanks.
Flu

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Try the following and let us know if either of them fixes the problem. If they don't more troubleshooting can be done.

1. Once you get the Mac booted go to System Preferences and open the Startup preference pane. Make sure the correct drive is selected. Reboot the computer to see if the problem disappears.

2. If the first trick does not work launch Disk Utility and select your drive from the list on the left. Then choose to verify the disk. If any errors are found choose Repair Disk. When done if Disk Utility says the drive is OK reboot to see if the problem has disappeared.

OP
fluhartz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2011, i7, 8gigs RAM, OS 10.11 iPhone 6s, ATV3
Try the following and let us know if either of them fixes the problem. If they don't more troubleshooting can be done.

1. Once you get the Mac booted go to System Preferences and open the Startup preference pane. Make sure the correct drive is selected. Reboot the computer to see if the problem disappears.

2. If the first trick does not work launch Disk Utility and select your drive from the list on the left. Then choose to verify the disk. If any errors are found choose Repair Disk. When done if Disk Utility says the drive is OK reboot to see if the problem has disappeared.

Thanks for the reply.. I had already tried the verity disk and all was fine. I tried option number one and nothing changed.. This is weird...

Any other ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.