Startup sound

C

chas_m

I do not understand why a poster would use derogatory language like this just because a user chooses to shut his or her system down at night.

Because I did no such thing. The user is apparently bad at reading comprehension as well.

I suggested you follow Apple's recommendation, but I **did not** say anyone was dumb for wanting to shut their machine down, even very often as you want to do.

What I **actually said** was that users who keep asking the same question over and over despite have been given multiple working answers are dumb.

I stand by this statement.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 MacBook Pro, 15", i9, 32GB RAM, Monterey
I suggested you follow Apple's recommendation
Actually you did no such thing. Your response was to azboomer, not to me.

All I am suggesting is that posters should exhibit a modicum of courtesy and politeness when posting. You can easily say you believe that someone is wrong without suggesting that they are dumb. Pejorative language is not helpful and does not promote a feeling of welcome on these forums.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thank you Mike for reminding us to be courteous and polite. Unfortunately, we can not see someone who posts face to face and have no way of know what "they meant" to say with their words. So to everyone... please choose your words carefully. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.