Startup sequence parameters

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2008 Macbook 2.4 Core 2 duo 8G Of Ram 240G OWC SSD
I have a few apps that always run in the menu bar as most do. I run Bartender to organize them in a manner that suits my needs. When OS X loads, the last or nearly the last app to load is Bartender. Is there a procedure that I can follow to allow me to have Bartender load before the other apps which I added to the menubar but after the included binaries. Thank You.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Odd, I would have thought that Bartender would have been able to provide such an option.

But if it can't, maybe add another one that probably can and run and use Broomstick.
Broomstick for Mac | MacUpdate
Goodies - Zibity

Tried Broomstick, but nothing compares to Bartender IMHO.

Can I ask, why you want Bartender to Open First ?? Im think that this is a Bartender default, so it gives the 'other' Apps, time to load and become active in the Menubar, before Bartender does what it needs to.
I run it on my SSD, main HD in my MBP 13" with currently 13 Apps in it, and once Bartender starts up, in a instant, all the icons are moved to the BT Icon.
I really don't see why you would want it to load first, because all the other Apps would load, and then get moved to BT anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.