SSD Boots Slower than the Old Fujitsu

Reaction score
I just installed my new Intel 530, 240gb SSD. After fighting the start-up boot to use the iso. cd, I finally got the firmware updated. Now, it's booting incredibly slow. I cloned the old drive using Carbon Copy Cloner. I'm open to suggestions. The "back-up" (the old drive) is right here and won't be going anywhere or used for anything else) so if I need to start over, so be it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Last edited:
OP
C
Reaction score
I've been sitting here pretty much amazed. It's now down to 20-27 sec, ON button to ready to work desktop. I was about to get on here and call off the cry for help. I did some checking on the net and reset the PRAM. Also, I realized the new RAM (2 X 2gb) was still on the desk. I installed that and voila. I'm happy! There may be a few more tweaks out there, but with everything working as fast as it is now, nearly as quick as my T400 with a 2.53ghz C2D and 8gb of DDR3. I guess it might be faster with a SSD, but the 7200rpm 500gb WD will have to do for now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.