'springboard' (ooops)

K

Kathie

One day I looked up and saw not one but two OS X springboard icons in the dock. So I pulled one out of the dock and got rid of it. And wouldn't you know, it was the wrong one! The other one is some sort of web page picture. I browsed through some help files but can't find out how to get the icon back in the dock. Anyone know? TIA ( Thanks in advance).

OP
W

WilliS

go find the application that used to be there (the icon that opened the program you wanted) then drag the icon onto your dock, the dock should slide apart to make room for the icon, wherever you want to put it... then just let go, and it will stay there

OP
W

Wapa18

do u mean the little spring icon on the right side of the dock divider? that's a URL link. if you go to the website that it was for, then you can just grab the URL in the bar of your web browser and drag it down to the dock

OP
K

Kathie

Ya know, now that I think about it, it was a link, wasn't it? The icon was there when I got my Mac. It's my first Mac ever, got it 8 weeks ago. Just when I am sailing along smoothly,,, POOF, something happens to throw me off track. heheheee Apparently, Apple places the icon there for those who want quick reference to OS X info.
Thanks for your help!!
DualG5, gotta love that pic inside your post,,, interesting. *L*

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.