Spotlight message on each reboot

Reaction score
Spotlight says it is "indexing wend" each time I start my iMac Maveriks. I do not have any folder named wend. What is this "wend"?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
How many connected drives and/or partitions do you have?

OP
A
Reaction score
Just found that it is work group named WEND. My ISP is a PPoE connection. Two questions arise:

1. Will Spotlight aim to scan/index the entire workgroup of that connection? Since the other machines are other surrounding homes, I am afraid if it is unsolicited?

2. Will my files on iMac be shown to others on that workgroup which the connection has auto created? How to know what is shown to others?

I am asking fundamentals but...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I don't believe that Spotlight is capable of doing either. It can only work with your locally connected and mounted drives and can't share anything other than with the owner user.

You can always google for more info, especially with a PPoE connection.

But if you have any shares setup, that's a totally different topic and what you share or what could be seen or accessed. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.