Spinning Wheel on OS X Lion 10.7.5

Reaction score
Basically this is the issue being reported below

"Computer has been freezing up periodically I can't access any browsers and seems
like all office apps are freezing. It is continuously spinning wheel
and when something does finally open, such as an email window to email
you it us unresponsive, nothing types. So u am literally frozen! I
can't seem to do anything on it.
I sent the above earlier this am. I can now access email but things are very slow."

OS X Lion

Mac Book Pro

___
Can anyone make any suggestions what to try on this computer I need to know what i should run on this users computer to correct the issue

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Try reading the "Beachballs" link in my signature.

- Nick

OP
nexusxox
Reaction score
Ok thanks i read the article but other then running the repair permissions are there any other things i can run like resetting PRAM or that has nothing to do with the spinning wheel

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Ok thanks i read the article but other then running the repair permissions are there any other things i can run like resetting PRAM or that has nothing to do with the spinning wheel

There's MUCH MORE in that "Beachballs" link that just repairing permissions. If the only suggestion there was "repair permissions"…then I wouldn't have suggested you read the link. I just would have said "repair permissions". Of the things mentioned in the link...repair permissions is probably one of the least important details.

If you did notice the "other things"…then you should reposed to those other things in this thread…so we know/better understand your situation.

- Nick

OP
nexusxox
Reaction score
I read the article but should of added tried the verifying permissions and etc... but I also found out that if there is an issue with spinning wheel that you can also update the plugins and reset the browser. This didnt help either but its another thing to check as well

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
How much free space is left on the hard drive? Try and make a mimimum of 20%.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.