Specific Questions for New Ipod Owner.

Reaction score
1. Is there an easier way to organize my music on itunes besides manually having to go through each one and changing everything. Sometimes I get <unknown> songs and the wrong band spellings so i end up with multiple entries on the iPod. Can you go to itunes and let them scan your directory and fix it? I know that sounds probably impossible. But if I at least have a song name, would it do it for me automatically?

2. If I have songs on my ipod already, and I just got a few more that i recently downloaded onto my computer, can I add them to my ipod without having to reload the whole directory to the ipod again? and if I can, how would i do this?

3. Can I delete individual songs off my iPod? how would i do that if i could?

I know these questions sound naive lol. I just don't know everything that's available to me and itunes scares me, as i just started using it.

Reaction score
1. How are you getting these tracks? When buying them off iTunes, or importing them, they are automatically labeled. Unfortunately if you have them incorrectly labeled there is no automatic way to fix it.

2. Auto-update uploads everything new in your Library every time you plug your iPod in, and if you don't have it on, you can drag your entire library and it will transfer all the new songs.

3. You can, just turn off auto-update, by going to Preferences then iPod, or by pressing Ctrl+, on Windows or Command+, on Mac. Simply turn off auto-update, and only drag the songs that you want to have on the iPod onto it.

You will get used to iTunes and your iPod quickly, and I promise you will love it once you do. Good luck, and if you need a more in depth explanation on any of this, post here, PM me, or message me on AIM @ BrendanWelsh.

OP
D
Reaction score
thank you.

most of them are very old from my napster days and very incorrectly labelled, guess i'll have to spend a sunday afternoon going through bits at a time till i fix them all.

Reaction score
Yeah, when i recently got my iPod I had to spend ages sorting out my dodgy track names etc. I got really OCD about everything being exactly right with track names, albums, artists.

You will love the iPod. What kind did you get? I got the 80gb one, white and I love it so much!

Reaction score
This just goes to show why sometimes it's easier just to pay for your music and not steal it from Napster :p

Reaction score
I buy all my music, and everything is perfectly labeled, with feat. in the song name, so only one artist shows up!

I just got a new 30gb iPod Video today, and I love it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.