Spaces and Lunix

Reaction score
I just got my first Mac yesterday. I'm running OSX 10.5.4. I want to emulate Ubuntu on one of the Space's as natively as possible, Could anyone recommend the best software for me to do this? I still want to be able to switch back to my OSX Desktop. I just assumed that Spaces isnt powerful enough or designed to run a live CD or "boot" of Ubuntu, There isnt software that would allow me to do this in a Space?

It seems like an FAQ but I tried googling and I didnt have much luck, maybe I'm using the wrong words? Any help or links would be appreciated?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
either parallels or fusion both work well for this. spaces is a virtual desktop, so you could establish that your virtual machine software always runs in that space, then run it full screen in that space.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
I would recommend VMware. I use it with spaces so I have a Ubuntu space and a Vista space.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.