sound/speech

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I understand the word "amplified" and "sound", but not sure whether you are referring to Music, videos, Ringtone from a caller etc.

For the moment, here are some ideas.

Use Control Centre > Move Sound "Slider" upwards to the top (Maximum) or use the Sound button on (usually) the left side - it's the upper one of the two, and hold it down till the slider (top of screen) shows maximum.

Open Settings > Sound or Sound & Haptics > Under RINGTONE AND ALERTS, drag to slider to the right (maximum).

Open Settings > Music > Scroll down to "EQ" and choose a "sound" you think the loudest - surprisingly "Late Night" is about the loudest.

That's a start. If you meant sound whilst wearing headphones or ear pods, there are different settings, but I presumed you mean on the iPhone generally.

Perhaps you could advise?

Ian

OP
R
Reaction score
Hi Ian what I meant to say was how to switch on the speaker phone.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You only turn on speaker phone in two situations, during a phone call or listening to voicemail.

For the phone call, click on the speaker icon (depending on your iOS version) and choose speaker. For voicemail, click on the speaker icon to listen to voicemail.

If you're talking about general audio from the various apps, then increase the volume using the volume up button. Some apps will also listen to the silent button, so turn that off.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.