Sound Recording Application

H

HopperJonusFang

Hello there,
I was wondering if anyone help me because I need a sound recording application for my Mac.
I am aware that there is one that comes with the OS 9.2 installation with new Macs but I have tried this and I dcont really want to go into OS 9 to run a sound recorder, it also doesnt record to a common format.

So are there any good and FREE sound recording applications for OSX which save in common formats,

By common I mean these sort of formats:

.WAV
.MP2
.MP3
.WMA
.AIFF

etc...

I really need this! I dont want to have to fire up the creaky old XP box just to use Windows sound recorder because the Mac doesnt ahve anything similar.
TIA.

OP
H

HopperJonusFang

Hello there,
I was wondering if anyone help me because I need a sound recording application for my Mac.
I am aware that there is one that comes with the OS 9.2 installation with new Macs but I have tried this and I dcont really want to go into OS 9 to run a sound recorder, it also doesnt record to a common format.

So are there any good and FREE sound recording applications for OSX which save in common formats,

By common I mean these sort of formats:

.WAV
.MP2
.MP3
.WMA
.AIFF

etc...

I really need this! I dont want to have to fire up the creaky old XP box just to use Windows sound recorder because the Mac doesnt have anything similar.
TIA.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
See your other thread

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I merged your thread and like hype.it said.. please do not cross post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.6 ghz G5, Dual Monitors / 17" PowerBook 1.33 / 12" iBook
I like Deck. There is an LE version for simple actions or an expensive full version for professional audio recording and processing. They are by a company called Deck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.