Sorting in PAGES

Reaction score
I have created a table in PAGES and now want to sort the entries.
I have found how to sort columns such that all row contents move with them, but I cannot find how to set up a multi-sort algorithm of, say, Col A with Col B sorted within Col A, where many Col A entries have subs in Col B but similar subs are common elsewhere in the table for unconnected Col A items. If I just sort on Col B, then all Col A entries get shifted around. This was a simple instruction in WORD.
Maybe there is a long winded way of sorting Col B for just a specified group of Col A items.

OP
B
Reaction score
OK, I have solved my problem. The hierarchy sort is not available for tables in PAGES, so I copied the data to NUMBERS and the full multi level sort works fine there.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Firstly, a warm welcome to Mac-Forums.

And thank you for your post and your solution.:)

We usually manage things a bit quicker so please don't be put off. Some of us working strange times & shifts.

We are here to help - in fact you have just done that yourself.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.