Sonoma Causing Problems With USB Hubs

Reaction score

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I do notice that the first time I connect any peripheral device nowadays I'm asked if I want to allow it. You could be excused for thinking, of course I want to allow it! That's why I plugged it in. But, if someone else were to try it, say plugging in a thumb drive while you were momentarily away from your computer to copy your files they would need your biometrics to approve it. So, Apple has obviously taken some steps to improve security in that regard.
However as with all new security measures some exceptions may need to be made for specific devices.

Let's face it, the measures we are forced to take these days to thwart online criminals has turned even the simplest online proceedure into a tangled web of Passkeys, autheticators, 2SV, trusted devices, biometrics and OTP's.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.