song files getting rearranged!

Reaction score
For the last several days, periodically when I add a new song, or change something regarding songs already in the Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music folder, the files get moved to the Music/iTunes folder!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
You have "Keep iTunes Folder Organized" and "Copy files into iTunes Media folder when adding to library" selected in the iTunes preferences.

Screen Shot 2015-01-08 at 21.20.56.png

OP
C
Reaction score
boxes are not checked

the photo with the boxes checked in iTunes advance options is not correct - i do not have the boxes checked

In iTunes advance options, I have always left unchecked the boxes for keeping the iTunes Media folder organized, and the same for the copy files to the iTunes Media folder.

For the last couple of weeks, song files have been showing up in the wrong directory.

I want the song files to be in the Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music directory. It appears that the iTunes Library files are in the Music/iTunes directory, but they used to be in the directory I wanted.

Do I just cut and paste these files into the correct directory, and reset iTunes?

1) how do I fix this?
2) how do I move the misplaced files, without copying over existing files that may have other songs by the same artists?
3) how would this happen?

Thanks very much for any help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.