Software Update Problem

Reaction score
When I try to do a software update, it downloads the update without a problem, then when it gets the the install part, box pops up and says

"Some of the checked updates couldn't be installed -The digital signature for this package is incorrect. The package may have been tampered with or corrupted since being signed by “Apple”.

Could someone please help me understand what this means?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
How are you downloading the update - via Software Update, from the Apple web site or somewhere else?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
I
Reaction score
Firstly disconnect everything from the iMac except keyboard and mouse and anti virus if you have it. Run Repair Permissions and download from the following link:-

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/macosx_updates/macosx10411comboupdateppc.html

Double click to install and let it run. When finished run Repair Permissions until no repairs take place, hook up printer etcx. and let's know how you went?

I did everything you said and I try to download it, it says Verification Failed at the end of the download. It says the same thing when I tried to download Mozilla. Either I open safari, iPhoto etc...it will end up crashing on me and I would have to reopen it.

Help please!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Are you sure you repaired permissions first?

To find the cause of your troubles, try setting up a new user, if you have not already, see if you can manage to download the update from a new fresh user account

OP
I
Reaction score
I did everything again but this time i restarted the computer after repairing permissions. I was able to finish the download from apple.com and do the install. Problem is after the computer restarted....I am now staring at a plain blue screen and it just sits there.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pop the install DVD into the optical drive and reboot holding down 'C' and if you get boot from the disc, go to Utilities and run Repair Disk and see if that resolved your problem.

OP
I
Reaction score
Pop the install DVD into the optical drive and reboot holding down 'C' and if you get boot from the disc, go to Utilities and run Repair Disk and see if that resolved your problem.

I am still staring at a blue screen.

Any other suggestions?

OP
I
Reaction score
Just ran the Apple Hardware Test and it detected an error.

4MEM/1/40000000: 0x5cf87110

Can someone translate what this means?

Thank you for everyones help so far.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Appears the memory module you have installed in slot 1 is defective. Take it out and move remaining modules up and see if there is any good news.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.