Software search

Reaction score
i want to find out if I have an old version of iPhoto on my MacBook Pro. Having had a lifetime of working with Windows, I'm not quite sure where to look on my Mac and how to delete it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
What version of the OS are you using ?
Open iphoto and choose menu item iPhoto/About iPhoto.
That will display the version of the iPhoto app you are currently running.

Cheers ... McBie

OP
S
Reaction score
Software Search

I am working with Yosemite. I know that I have 9.6 iPhoto installed on the machine which is the current version. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Mac may be defaulting to the previous version which is why it won't open in which case I want to delete it. 9.6 will not open my iPhoto Library which has 200gb of photos in it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Are there any error messages on the screen or in the log file ?

Cheers ... McBie

OP
S
Reaction score
Your photo library is either in use by another application or has become unreadable

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
If you hold down the CMD & Option keys and launch iPhoto, do you see a screen with 4 ' rebuild ' options or do you have the error message ?
Do you have a backup of the iPhoto Library ?

Before rebuilding the iPhoto library, I suggest making a backup of the current iPhoto library ( even if it is damaged .... potentially )

Have a look here as well .... https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6642057

Cheers ... McBie

OP
S
Reaction score
I have rebuilt the library using the commands you suggest. I got 20,000 photographs no longer organised in their 'Events' with individual file titles of large numbers! A complete mess!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
I'm no iPhoto expert, but do you have a backup of the iPhoto library before it became inaccessible ?

Cheers ... McBie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.