Software Question

JRV

Reaction score
if i buy a product like dreamweaver or photoshop how many computers of mine can i install it on? would i be allowed to put it on my desktop and laptop?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Depends on the licensing agreement. Some companies let you install on only one machine. Some will let you do two. Some will let you install on two machines, but tell you to only run one copy at a time.

To be sure, you'd have to read the licensing agreement that came with the program. Sometimes you can get away with it anyway; sometimes the serial number locks you to a particular machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
Ive seen many instances, specifically adobe and macromedia products, where you can install the retail version on as many machines as you want, but only register 1, though seeing as how this is illegal, Id recommend against it.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I'd just register it off the Internet, so the program does not call home. So if the app does have some restrictions, it won't know you already installed it. I doubt that you'll have a problem whether how many computers you install it on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Macman said:
Ive seen many instances, specifically adobe and macromedia products, where you can install the retail version on as many machines as you want, but only register 1, though seeing as how this is illegal, Id recommend against it.

I know for a fact Flash MX calls on how many copies are registered... at work we have 3 licenses and to switch a copy to work on another Mac required de-authorizing one and relicensing on the next.

Edit: we are also connected via the internet @ all times...unsure if it can be installed offline and the program opened while online later.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.