software for mac?

Reaction score
I have had this iMac for 1 week and am running Windows XP with Parallels. I have found that a lot, (most), of my windows games don't run well full screen, if full screen at all, and I am having a problem finding Mac software that runs full screen. I run mostly card games and small games downloaded from the net. Why doesn't the Mac have games that run full screen? Also, I am having trouble finding any good software for the Mac.
I would love to get rid of Windows entirely but can not find comparable software.
Can anyone give me advice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Are you running Windows in full screen mode? If so, then you should be able to play games at full screen if given the option.

What do you mean by having trouble finding Mac software that runs full screen? Do you mean applications in general or games?

OP
P
Reaction score
Are you running Windows in full screen mode? If so, then you should be able to play games at full screen if given the option.

What do you mean by having trouble finding Mac software that runs full screen? Do you mean applications in general or games?

I am running Windows full screen mode. It lets me open game to full screen but I just get a black screen with the game in the middle

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2ghz, 1gb RAM, 80gb HD
I am running Windows full screen mode. It lets me open game to full screen but I just get a black screen with the game in the middle

Its hard for me to say exactly what is happening, but it may have to do with the fact that your new Mac has a widescreen and not a square screen. The result is that some games designed to run on a square screen do not fill the entire screen, but have black space on either side. The exact same thing can happen on widescreen windows computers.

How are you running Windows are you using Parallels, Boot Camp, etc?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.