So let's go back to this topic -

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 MBPro 16" wi/Retina Display, iPhone 15 Pro Max, MBPro 13" (2021).
Hi -

A few week's back I posted about having two lines on my iPhone 11 Pro Max - and was complaining that one of the line would occasionally get "no service."

This week I'll be receiving my iPhone 12 Pro Max and can set up the first line myself (thanks very much to you guys!). My question is, is there a way for me to set up my second line myself or do I have to call Verizon and have them do it?

Thanks very much -

Best to all -
Rich

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
My question is, is there a way for me to set up my second line myself or do I have to call Verizon and have them do it?

This just a WAG from me.....

But knowing Verizon and dealing with them over the years for both my phones and TV service, I would guess that you will need to give them a call to setup the second line.

OP
ImDrRichard
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
WAG away, Sir. I'm sure you are correct, though.

Thanks very much.

Rich

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Rich, what I wanted to do was to put the Verizon line info into the eSIM and then put in a SIM card from a UK service for when I travel. Because of the issues I had just getting the iPhone activated at Verizon, I put that off to another day. I made an appointment at the store, but the sales guys didn't know what to do and the tech guy wasn't there that day, so no go. I ended up going to the Verizon Wireless website and chatting with a tech who was able to set the data up for the eSIM for me, then I put in the UK SIM myself and tested it. The UK SIM is now in, but not enabled, so all my calls are through the Verizon eSIM.

I'd suggest you skip the store and just get on chat at verizonwireless.com.

OP
ImDrRichard
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, Jake. I believe you are correct. Unfortunately, I've never met a store employee at Verizon who could handle the more complex issues.

Best,
Rich

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Thanks, Jake. I believe you are correct. Unfortunately, I've never met a store employee at Verizon who could handle the more complex issues.

Best,
Rich
It's rare, but there was once when I made an appointment for a tech and the tech was actually there! Maybe nobody warned him I was coming?

OP
ImDrRichard
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.