So clueless it hurts....(RAM)

S

SakuraBaby

I plan on buying an ibook g4 12" 1.2ghz tonight online.
I know it's better to have 512mb of RAM than 256mb, and I read that if I got any higher than pc2100 it'd just clock down, but what about the 333mhz aspect? Is it worth getting that or does it "clock down" to 266mhz? Is it bad to have 2 sticks at dif. mhz?

I'm a very lite techy chick, so I don't necessarily understand everything I speak of, hence the questioning hehe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
I asked the same when i got my iBook, and i got the same answer from one of the guys at the store. Since i believe it is true i wont recomend you to get the PC2600 module, it would be pointless. Also, as far as i know, modules at different speed are not compatible.
Apple sells 256mb PC2100 modules at $75 (installation is free at stores), other stores (PC related mostly) sell those modules cheaper.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
you can find it way cheaper than that. installing it is really easy. there are instructions in one of the books that comes with your iBook, or you can find the instructions on line. BTW you are gonna love your iBook, i love mine!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
check out newegg.com you can find a stick of 256 ram for around $25, helluva deal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
NEWEGG.COM is by far the best deal on ram on the web. I got a 1gb stick of kingmax ram for almost half of what crucial.com wanted for it. had it for months now and absolutely no problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.