Small monitor for Apple TV

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, Mac Mini (late-2012), 13" MBP M1, 27" iMac 2020, iPad Mini, iPhone SE, 4-Apple TVs, AW6
I have an older (4th gen) Apple TV in my garage. I use it strictly for Homekit as a Bluetooth connection for the door locks. Right now it's headless. It just sits on a shelf. Every now and then I need to access the settings on it, though. That's a pain because I have to unplug it and bring it elsewhere to hook up to a TV. What would be ideal is a small (~7") HDMI monitor for it. There are many such monitors meant to sit on top of DSLRs, but they're very pricey. And the cheaper ones are usually geared towards Raspberry Pi devices.

Can anyone recommend a small HDMI monitor that will work with an Apple TV?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm not sure it will be super easy to find a display as small as 7"...but something like a small computer display around 14" should be easy & cheap to find. In fact...I see these sort of monitor's listed on Craig's List all the time for free:)...I certainly wouldn't pay more than $20 for one.

No need to refer to these monitors as an "HDMI monitor"...you simply need a monitor with and HDMI port. Most monitors come with at least 2 if not 3 different types of video ports...you of course need it to have HDMI for the AppleTV.:)

HTH,

Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, Mac Mini (late-2012), 13" MBP M1, 27" iMac 2020, iPad Mini, iPhone SE, 4-Apple TVs, AW6
Success. DCorn 7" monitor and ATV mount. Really nice image. Perfect for quickly adjusting the settings on the ATV or viewing my various Homekit cameras. I may move the ATV mount higher and run the cables differently just to clean it up.

atv.jpg

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Nice.

I didn't find that when I looked for anything similar so I almost suggested getting a small TV with HDMI. Such as some of the Vizio models. The only upside to that is a slightly larger screen if you decided to watch some content on it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.