Slow wake up since Yosemite

Reaction score
I've noticed a considerable increase in the time it takes to wake up my Macbook Pro since upgrading from Mavericks to Yosemite. Can give any indication what the cause could be?

13" Macbook Pro
Yosemite
4GB RAM
500GB HDD

C

chas_m

Not really enough detail to judge. There are (conservatively) about 25 models of 13" MacBook Pro, so some more specifics would be a good start. The 4GB of RAM I would say is conservative for Yosemite, I'd suggest 8GB at least (though that may not fix this particular problem).

OP
oisin
Reaction score
Not really enough detail to judge. There are (conservatively) about 25 models of 13" MacBook Pro, so some more specifics would be a good start. The 4GB of RAM I would say is conservative for Yosemite, I'd suggest 8GB at least (though that may not fix this particular problem).
Hi chas_m,
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I would also add that, although it may be a little low on RAM, it was like lightning on Mountain Lion and Mavericks. It make me wonder if this Yosemite is Apple's version of Microsoft's Vista.
Anyway, please see further details of Spec. below...

OSX Yosemite
Version 10.10.1

Macbook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Serial Number C17j71VYDTY3

Hope that helps.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many devices to list
Did you upgrade or do a fresh install? Generally (although not universally so), upgrades tend to migrate of a lot of cruft and tend to be slower (in my experience, considerably so). If you can, back up all of your data and wipe the machine clean, starting from scratch.

OP
oisin
Reaction score
It was an upgrade so we could be getting to the bottom of the problem. Foolishly, although I have plenty of backups on TM, I haven't made a system backed up. :'( Any ideas for a workround?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.