Sleep mode problem

Reaction score
When i open my macbook after it has been closed to sleep mode it takes upto 3-4 minutes to acknowledge I'm typing and moving the mouse to log on to my user. The keyboard and trackpad work but in between trying to logon the macbook goes to sleep and then wakes up again.
Is their a solution to this, or do I need to get it repaired?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Can you tell us which Mac you have, year and model? Also what version of OS X you're currently running? Once we have that info we will be better able to answer your questions.

OP
I
Reaction score
Macbook pro 13inch (mid 2012)
(bought new january last year)
2.5ghz, intel core i5
4gb memory, 1600 MHz, DDR3
Intel HD graphics 4000

Operating system is Yosemite OS X 10.10.1

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're behind with your Yosemite updates; you should be running 10.10.2. Boot to your recovery partition and verify the hard drive. Let's see what it says. Hold down your command + r keys and restart. Once in recovery, choose utilities, Disk Utility. Verify the hard drive. Also, did you buy extended Apple Care for your MacBook Pro?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.