Skype Video between mac -> pc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16ghz, 2GB RAM, 160gb HDD
Hey guys, i have been quite annoyed with this for a while now... I have downloaded the latest version of skype for my mac, and whenever i talk to my girlfriend (she has a PC) during a call, the video doesn't seem to work! i click the video button but nothing happens.

when i go to preferences, the camera turns on automatically and it shows a live feed. but on calls it doesn't work....

has anybody else experienced such problem?

any help would be appreciated! O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro. 2.3Ghz Intel Core i7 running OSX 10.14.6, 16GB Ram
Do you have any other programs that might be using your iSight camera? Like iChat for example, might cause a problem. I've had nothing but joy with skype video, to Mac or PC.

OP
laimonas.s
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do you have any other programs that might be using your iSight camera? Like iChat for example, might cause a problem. I've had nothing but joy with skype video, to Mac or PC.

strange... no i dont have anything apart from skype running!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro. 2.3Ghz Intel Core i7 running OSX 10.14.6, 16GB Ram
Then i'm stumped. Worked "straight out the box" for me. Sorry can't be of more help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Black MacBook Core Duo 1.25 GB Ram 80GB HD
Make sure that both of you have the latest version. That happens to me sometimes. Video will randomly stop showing up when I try to call my girlfriend. Besides that usually logging off then back on usually fixes it for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Hey guys, i have been quite annoyed with this for a while now... I have downloaded the latest version of skype for my mac, and whenever i talk to my girlfriend (she has a PC) during a call, the video doesn't seem to work! i click the video button but nothing happens.

when i go to preferences, the camera turns on automatically and it shows a live feed. but on calls it doesn't work....

has anybody else experienced such problem?

any help would be appreciated! O:)

Hey Laimonas.s,

I've been using Skype since I got my MacBook and its been working awesomely. I use it to Video Conference with the Parents and also with my Family Overseas, everyone is on PCs, and it always worked for me no glitches or complaints.

So, the only thing would be to check that the other end are running the latest and greatest version of Skype. And check during the Video call that the Green Light next to ur iSight camera comes on as well.

Cheers hope that helps :D

OP
laimonas.s
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks for the help guys, now it works!

looks like my gf didnt have the latest directx version installed :) so it wasnt a fault from my end!

has anyone noticed that voice calls take a lot of cpu?iv seen around 20% for voice and 50% for video!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
A little off topic. But would using a webcam chat over msn using amsn on the mac end and the latest msn on her end work? Or is Skype good enough for you?

Reaction score
From what i am lead to believe it should work fine with aMSN and MSN as windows live messenger sees aMSN as one of its own. This is what i intend to be using when i get my mac book pro anyway.

OP
laimonas.s
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
never heard of amsn :D il go try it... the mac version of msn sucks, hopefully this will be better :D

Reaction score
Skype conference calls

I couldn't get this to work. I had both parties on, but I had to switch between them - I assumed "conference" meant the three of us could communicate. Did I miss a step?
Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.