Siri - any ideas how to improve?

JGN

Reaction score
I was just thinking about some other functions which can be applied to that system. Do you miss anything in Siri? What else, in your opinion, would be grate to do using Siri? Would you add any new functions to this app?

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
How about posting some of your own ideas - as well as how you currently use it. I'm curious how people use Siri right now myself. Personally - I only use Siri to text, set reminders and occasionally search for something. My first request would be for better editing features when trying to compose a message. To my knowledge - your only options if she gets it wrong - is to start over from scratch - which currently prevents me from using her to send anything that's longer than a couple of sentences.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
I don't have Siri, being a poor 4 user, but I have work colleague who does. To be quite honest, while he's using his phone he annoys the ****ens out of me. Talking to it constantly, and asking Siri questions. Nine times out of ten, Siri doesn't know, so then starts shouting at him which means my colleague starts shouting back.

I find the whole thing quite embarrassing whereby a 36 year old man is talking to a phone. If he didn't have any fingers, I'd forgive it, but we work in an office and everyone knows what he's now texting t his wife. And don't even get me started when he says "question mark" at the end of every question.

It's a nice idea, but this guy has put me off ever using it, because I believe I'd be as annoying as he is using it :fullstop: :winky face:

OP
J

JGN

Reaction score
How about posting some of your own ideas - as well as how you currently use it.

Oh, I was using it just to find restaurants. By now I'm hardly working on siri-like system but I'm not sure what would be useful for most people. You know, things like writing text messages while you're driving.
Siri is great if we consider it as device voice controller. But it's quite inaccurate when its user want to visit a restaurant (e.g.), because siri doesnt have opening hours in its database.

First I want to make one small option, but perfectly tailored. I was considering facebook voice controll option, or something connectet with tourist industry.

But what would be usefull for you?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.