Silly grin. Help !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
My son's new 20" iMac arrived 43 minutes ago. It took him longer to sign the UPS notepad thingy than it did for him to open the box and even less time for him to switch it on, discover that he could access the internet on three neighbours wireless networks and start playing with it.

He is eighteen. He never gets excited about anything. He never shows any emotion. I've not seen him laugh or even smile in years. So how do I wipe the silly grin off his face?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
My son's new 20" iMac arrived 43 minutes ago. It took him longer to sign the UPS notepad thingy than it did for him to open the box and even less time for him to switch it on, discover that he could access the internet on three neighbours wireless networks and start playing with it.

He is eighteen. He never gets excited about anything. He never shows any emotion. I've not seen him laugh or even smile in years. So how do I wipe the silly grin off his face?
You don't. You enjoy his silly grin and let him enjoy it too!

Congrats and have fun!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Take a screwdriver (flathead or phillips), and drive it right through the center of the screen. That will make him stop smiling.

Ok, ok.. I'm j/k. But you asked. =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

depending on where you live you could tell him that if you use other peoples wireless internet connections without their permission he could go to jail.. that might take the smile off his face.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Man you guys are baaad...?

I'd say let the kid enjoy it, and you should be enjoyin that he is finally smiling.

I'd think :D

Any way, congrats on the new Mac. and Enjoy it, thats if ur son lets u use it :D

Reaction score
I had the same smile when I first fired up my Mac. Never goes away, really.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Slapping him across the face would usually work, imho.

Reaction score
Tell him you are going to donate that computer to charity and will get him a new PC.

Reaction score
depending on where you live you could tell him that if you use other peoples wireless internet connections without their permission he could go to jail.. that might take the smile off his face.
FYI, I think that if the networks aren't secured that he can't get into much, if not any, trouble.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Enjoy it while it lasts....after all he is a teenager:teen:

Welcome

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Enjoy it while it lasts....after all he is a teenager:teen:

Welcome

Best piece of advice I've seen today:flower: Virtrep to you MaDDog

Congrats with the new Mac BTW

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.