Sick of Vista, opting for a Mac. MB or MBP?

Reaction score
I'm part of this website called Lockerz, just log on get points which you can redeem for prizes (iPod's, Macbook's, Xbox's etc.) and I have finally mustered enough points for a Macbook 13-inch Unibody.

So I could redeem these points for this Macbook, or I could save up some more points and get a Macbook Pro instead.

What should I do, bear in mind this will be my first Mac so I don't need anything too fancy?

FYI before people start going on about Lockerz it's a totally genuine site, I've already recieved a 8GB iPod Touch from it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerPC G4 533Mhz, 2010 MBP 13" Intel core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 350M GPU, 250GB HDD.
the new unibody macbook is pretty good. 2GB of ram is enough for most regular situations, and its core 2 duo processor is not that far behind the MBP's.

OP
B
Reaction score
Looking at the specs, they don't really seem all that different either. And the MBP is significantly more expensive, and it doesn't really seem justified.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
The screen quality is noticeably a lot better on the MBP. You also get Firewire, SD card slot, and back lit keyboard.

OP
B
Reaction score
The screen quality is noticeably a lot better on the MBP. You also get Firewire, SD card slot, and back lit keyboard.

While I will have some use with an SD slot, firewire I won't ever use. Apart from that, I higher quality screen and a light-up keyboard still do not justify such a difference in price in my opinion.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
While I will have some use with an SD slot, firewire I won't ever use. Apart from that, I higher quality screen and a light-up keyboard still do not justify such a difference in price in my opinion.

You are entitled to your opinion. I never stated that having those four things over a MB was worth the 300 dollars. I'm just putting it out there, so that you can decide for yourself.

If you don't have any use for Firewire, better screen quality and back lit keyboard then by all means get what you think is the better value.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.