Showing off Speed of OSX Shortcut

Reaction score
Quite a poor reason to start a thread but...

I work for Apple and I used to use a certain shortcut to show off the 'power of the Mac', it's the shortcut which enables you to open multiple Safari windows/tabs.

Does anybody know what it is?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2015 15" rMBP, 2.8GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB Storage, AMD Radeon R9 M370X, 10.11.1
Do you mean command+t?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
To open new "windows" it's CMD+N. To open new tabs, it's cmd+T. To close windows, it's cmd+w. To move through each window, it's cmd+~ (tilde)

The cmd+n shortcut applies to mostly anything in the menu bar. (same goes for cmd+w) To create new folders in Finder it's shift+cmd+n

There's a page on Apple's site with a slew of keyboard shortcuts. Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts

Doug

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I work for Apple and I used to use a certain shortcut to show off the 'power of the Mac', it's the shortcut which enables you to open multiple Safari windows/tabs.

Does anybody know what it is?

I'm confused. If you work for Apple...and you show this shortcut to customers to "show off the power of the Mac"...why are you asking us what the key command is for this shortcut?:Confused:

Or did you used to work for Apple...and you forgot the shortcut?

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Also, I believe the Apple Demo units run a special version of OSX so your shortcut may not even be in the publicly available OSX version.

OP
E
Reaction score
I'm confused. If you work for Apple...and you show this shortcut to customers to "show off the power of the Mac"...why are you asking us what the key command is for this shortcut?:Confused:

Or did you used to work for Apple...and you forgot the shortcut?

- Nick

Good question, used to work in an Apple store. Now I work in a Currys Megastore where we are building an Apple Shop in Shop.

It might just be on the Tune & Play demo units in which this shortcut actually works, it's not the same as opening new windows or tabs. It's one in which opens around 100 Safari windows within a split second.

Just wanted to know if it's an actual shortcut or if I'll have to wait until my demo units are installed.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Make a Script file. Have it hit Apple+N 100 times. I just did it manually rapid fire and they opened VERY fast. Either Apple Script or an Automator app. That is probably what Apple is doing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Another thing you can do to show off on the MBA's is to reboot it and have the whole Adobe Suite open on startup ;)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Good question, used to work in an Apple store. Now I work in a Currys Megastore where we are building an Apple Shop in Shop.

Thanks for the info. I only asked since it was unclear in the original post if you were still working at an Apple Store or not...and if you were...it seemed unusual that you would ask us this question rather than a co-worker.

Since it sounds like you're now working somewhere else...your question makes more sense.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.