Show package contents

Reaction score
Hi I just wanted to clarify what is going on with the images stored on my imac 10.5.8. I use my pictures folder for my screen saver and it constantly shows images I have deleted from both iphoto and the folder in my home folder. In my home folder, I use image capture to upload photos to their various years, eg home folder>2011>flowers. The pictures folder then must duplicate this structure again in a folder "IPhoto" which the only way you can see into it is by right clicking and "Show Package Contents".

I know that if you delete a file from IPhoto via the application it has no effect on the original image located in my home folder but I was told that if you delete an image via the "Show Package Contents" mentioned above that you delete the original but this does not seem to be the case?

Would some-one mind explaining this further. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
iPhoto is a database application. Modifying the package contents can very horribly break that database.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
If you delete an image in iPhoto, then it first goes into iPhoto's trash. It's only when you empty iPhoto's trash that it gets deleted completely.

OP
W
Reaction score
Hi Thanks for your responses! Sorry I have not made myself clear but I know that deleting photos from within iphotos application has no effect on the original image but how do I get pictures that I have deleted both off my home folder and iphoto to not show up in pictures folder? If not deleting them from the "Pictures>Iphoto >show package contents" method?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.